"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin


Saturday, December 17, 2011

Late night thoughts

I've realized just how much I love the sad times in my life. Yes, I just said the SAD times. It's the times in my life when I am down, broken and humbled that I feel close to God. As a stated in my previous blog post, this quarter really kicked my butt, like gnarly kicked my butt. However, it taught me to depend on God's will for my life and in a way, brought me into focus as to who should be the certain of my life always. God has truly been doing a work in my life lately and I am so thankful for being here. For the last year and some change, I've wanted to study Jesus' personality/characteristics. Besides focusing on what the Word says, I've always wanted to research, study, and ask questions about what Jesus was (and is) actually like. And after coming up with a million and one reasons as to why I can't do that now [1. I'm in school 2. I'm busy 3. I'm washing my hair], I've decided to make this my Winter study project and I!am!so!excited! :) I picked up this book at the Calvary Chapel Chino Valley book store and so far, I am looooovin' it. 
 It's by a pastor named Charles Swindoll and what I love most is that it is easy to read and Swindoll breaks it down! It mainly focuses on 4 of Jesus' positions while on earth as a child, Rabbi, a substitute for death and the King. Needless to say, I am definitely looking forward to reading this. 
I also recently shot pictures at CCCV's "Christmas Collage" concert with the Katina brothers. They are a Christian worship band made up of 5 brothers. Not only are they Goldy men, they are cute. Don't hate...I'm just praising sweet baby Jesus for the great views ;) Here's a couple of pics from the concert I took.



It was such an amazing concert, and I definitely needed to hear the message that they gave, that God gave the ultimate gift to humanity through His Son. so so good. They sang a song called, "I'll Wait" that I promise you, was made for me. Like for real, I had to stop taking pictures because tears were flowing. It's such a beautiful song and a sweet reminder of trusting in God and waiting for His will in our lives. I'll post the lyrics below :)

"" My life is filled with
Maybe's stops and go's
It's a windy road
Sometimes I'm spinning
Bout to lose control
But I know you know

It's a journey and I'm getting closer

So that i can see
So I am living in the moment
Trusting cause I know your promise
Is in front of me

It doesn't matter how long i wait

How long it takes I'll wait
I found a peace in being still
If it's your will I'll wait

Love will you ever find your way

To my lonely heart
Could it be, that there's a perfect plan for me
Is it destiny

It's a journey and I'm getting closer

So that i can see
So I am living in the moment
Trusting cause I know your promise
Is in front of me

When the sun is up
Even in the pouring rain
In the silence
When the crowd shouts my name
I'll wait, I'll wait
I'll wait, I'll wait"

mmmm makes my heart feel all fuzzy and warm <3
Good night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment