"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin


Friday, April 15, 2011

To shop or not to shop....

My name is Anneliese and I am a shopaholic. Well actually, not really. It's not like I am losing my home because of it buuuut I do love to shop till I drop. The cute shoes, colorful scarves, and oh so fabulous make up...oh if you only knew how happy these things made me. But I am learning to not buy everything in sight. Keyword: LEAAARNING. Well in reality, I've actually been doing pretty good. (Coming from the girl who bought the same exact shirt...TWICE not too long ago). I've saved up a quite a bit of money that really makes me feel a whole lot better than any floral dress for only $15 at Old Navy :) I don't know if it's  because I've really been able to see how much hard work pays off, or the feeling of being adultish and stuff because I've saved up money, either way...I love it.

So this is my new game plan world. I seriously do NOT need anything. No more clothes, or purses, or shoes...(makeup is a must though..have you seen my face in the morning?! Oh DANG! ;)) No joke, I have so many clothes...I don't even need hangers...my blouses sorta kinda are so tight in my closet, they hold each other up. Sad right?!? I will no longer (gulp) by useless material items that will only hog up for closet space than it should. I will save (more) money than I have been, and will learn to live on a budget. Like a real, budget...not an optional budget. Rather than spending my money on 3 different kinds of shirt in teal because they're all so different, I vow to spend it on something/someone more important. Whether it's a donation, groceries around the house, or simply treating a friend to a lunch date, I will spend my money wisely. Today, I vow to no longer spend money on material things and always remember Proverbs 16:16 (Better to be wise and sensible than rich)

(Does anyone have any bets on how long this is gonna last?) ;)

In the meantime, these are the excuses I use to justify my shopping. If you hear these words out of my mouth, you have permission to slap me and take my debit card away. Enjoy!

"It's the LAST thing I buy! Promise!"
"You know what, I really did good on that homework assignment so I will treat myself to some shopping"
"Eh, I get paid tomorrow, might as well blow my money tonight"
"Instead of buying fast food, I'll just spend money shopping. In reality, I'm doing myself a favor"
"But that (fill in the blank with item) is so pretty"
"They're on sale!! I can't pass that up!"
"I can totally mix and match that shirt with everything and anything"

Shopaholic fo' lyfe,
<3 Anneliese


 Okay, so these are the heels I bought a few weeks ago at Macy's that were originally over $100 BUT I got them on sale. AND yes I just used one of my excuses ;) Last thing I buy...PROMISE! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment