"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why I need you (ALL) in my life

 Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him" 

       As much as I love working with people, groups, and even studying groups (Sociology major, duh!), I will be the first to admit, I sometimes get this idea that I can do things a LOT better (on my own). I've been let down by people so sometimes, every now and then, and kinda sorta like everyday...I struggle with this. I struggle with the idea of it's-not-me-but-you syndrome and friends, this needs to stop. ASAP! 
      The first thing God said was that man should not be alone. Not just romantically, but emotionally, spiritually, and physically. God knows that we burn out quick when we try to do things on our own, which is why He commands that we help each other in life. We are called to encourage those who are down, weep with those weeping, rejoice with those rejoicing, comfort those in sadness, and continually inspire each other to pursue our calling in life. But when my Donald Duck devil on my right shoulder is telling me "not to listen to others because, in reality...what do they know..I mean look at them?!", I instantly remember that God never ever made me better than someone, nor anyone better than me. But rather, He made US (you+me+everyone else in the world) equal. Not greater, not less than...but equal. 

     So this is where friends come into play. This is where my accountability totally sets in and dome checks me when I put up walls in fear of being let down by others. I need you in my life, not only because I want you all here...but because I am called by the Head Hancho upstairs to have you in my life because He knows that 2 is better than 1, and the words of a friend are better than the words of a "friend"...get me??? 

     I desire to do big things in my life. I want to somehow change the lives of others. I want to someway travel around the world and leave an everlasting impression on people, not because of who I am, but because of who shines His light through me. I want to be apart of something amazing, but most importantly, I don't want to do it alone. I want friends with me, every step of the way. Because it's not good for man to be alone, and especially women because we get all emotional like that. So be my friend on this new step in my life. Inspire me and let me please inspire you. Pray for me as I pray for you. Encourage me and I will always encourage you. 

Your friend who will always listen, take advice, and accept that my idea is NOT (always ;)) the brightest crayon in the box,
Anneliese :)



"As iron sharpens iron, so a wo(man) sharpens the countenance of his friend" Proverbs 27:17



    

No comments:

Post a Comment