"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spitting game

I suck at it. I don't even know if "suck" is the RIGHT word for it. I'm not that "suave rico" type of girl, I is who I is!! ;) Plus I am mad paranoid about giving out my phone number to random strangers!! I'm one of those people who thinks ,"What if he's a crazy psycho killer?! What if he steals money from my bank account with my phone number?!". People I promise you these are the EXACT thoughts that run through my mind. An older co-worker told me if that's the case I should just live in a bubble and never talk to anyone in life. Way. To. Ruin. Lives Albert.

So after meeting a guy at Starbucks, I decided to switch it up this time. I decided that I wasn't gonna be afraid of people, why should I! I'm a Sociology major, I should LOVE people!? I told my best friend Stephanie about him and the FIRST sentence that comes out of her mouth, "Just don't get raped!". Cue sad music playing. Back to my bubble I go. Just kidding, as much as that may SOUND crazy internet, trust me..that is her random and awkward way of loving me and telling me to be careful and watch out for this guy....I just deal with it.
I now see where I get this mindset...Thanks Steph!;)


No comments:

Post a Comment